In memory of our late National AFL-CIO President, we’ve kicked off our Richard L. Trumka Days of Action Community Services campaign!
So far, the Allegheny-Fayette Central Labor Council held a litter clean-up Monday morning on the Northside of Pittsburgh.
The Harrisburg Regional Central Labor Council held a Labor Day of Action hosting four opportunities for volunteers: writing thank you cards for veterans; wrapping diapers at Mission Central; Helping with food distribution at the Midwest Food Bank, and cleaning up the CLC.
The Montgomery Central Labor Council held a food drive for the Upper Marion Area Community Cupboard.
The Northern Tier Central Labor Council is holding a socks drive for ALICE (Asset-Limited, Income-Constrained, Employed) families from now through November 13th.
And, the Reading-Berks Central Labor Council raised $700 from their Hunger fundraiser. The Erie-Crawford Central Labor Council organized a community food distribution with volunteer union members.
Thank you to the outstanding union members who joined in to serve in solidarity.
Upcoming Events include —
- Date/Time: now to December 15th
- Event/Type: Hat, Socks, Suitcase Drive for families in need.
- Point of Contact: Lori Cutshall, cell: 704-302-6169, e-mail: email@example.com
- Date/Time: now to December 4th
- Event/Type: Coats Drive for Womens Shelter.
- Point of Contact: Dave Carrey, cell: 570-855-3052, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date/Time: now until December 3rd
- Location: 22 South 22nd Street, Philadelphia, PA, 19103
- Event/Type: Winter Coat and blanket Drive
- Point of Contact: Natalie Sowinski, phone: 215-301-4142
- Date/Time: October 30th.
- Event/Type: Food Drive
- Point of Contact: Pete Addalli cell: 610-202-7508
- Date/Time: October 30th
- Event/Type: Hunger Fundraiser Raised: $700
- Point of Contact: Bob Hoffmaster cell: 484-650-2226 e-mail: email@example.com
- Date/Time: now to November 13th
- Event/Type: Socks Drive for ALICE Family’s
- Point of Contact: Paul Huffman cell: 570-220-3212, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date/Time: Saturday, November 13, 11:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Location: 41 South Carlilse Street, Allentown, PA, 18109.
- Event/Type: Litter Clean Up with Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Point of Contact: Dean Donaher cell: 610-442-8590, e-mail: email@example.com
- Date/Time: Wednesday, November 10, 8:00 am to 11:00 am.
- Location: Bethlehem Outreach Center, 254 East 10th, Erie, PA.
- Event/Type: Food Distribution
- Point of Contact: Ron Oliver, cell: 814-860-1793, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date/Time: Saturday, November 6, 2021, 8:00 am to 12:00 pm.
- Location: Harrisburg CLC, 522 South 22nd, HBG, PA, 17104.
- Event/Type: Day of Action (http://uwcr.partnershipplanners.org/labordayofaction)
- Point of Contact: Sue Weldon, cell: 717-574-6145, e-mail: email@example.com
- Date/Time: Monday, November 8, 10:00 am to 12:00 pm.
- Location: 2200 California Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15212
- Event/Type: Litter Clean Up
- Point of Contact: Jim Blatnick, cell: 724-272-2303, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Event Type: Donation/ $200 to 5 local non-profits.
- Point of Contact: Bob Kutz 814-944-4081
- Event/Type: Donation/ Gift Card for Thanksgiving Dinner for Striking Workers.
- Point of Contact: Jean Martin cell: 717-799-1588
- Date/Time: now to November 19th
- Event/Type: Drive collecting toiletries for homeless population.
- Point of Contact: Bill Cockerill, cell: 570-947-0889, e-mail: email@example.com
Send pictures of your event to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t see your event here? Contact Dave Madsen, our Community Services and Education Director.